Wednesday, January 29, 2014

In my little corner of the world ~


Believe it or not......
we. have. SNOW!!!
Georgia doesn't get snow very often,
and when it does, believe me dear friends,
it. is. an EVENT!

Our local news has been broadcasting all day long ~
students have been stranded at schools and
even having to spend the night ~
traffic is so jammed that even after midnight
people have not been able to make it home.
I promise you...it's not pretty.
We simply do not know how to drive in it or even cope with it.

To all my Northern friends, my hat is off to you!!
You have my complete respect and admiration.
I can't wait to kiss our baby snow storm goodbye in a day or so as
it is supposed to be in the mid 60's on Saturday!

Here are a few photos that I bribed Noah to take for me
(not really bribed, he just loves me)
this was early in the day and it snowed until about 9 pm!







And guess who was SO excited about the snow???
Our little Clara!
Just look at her sweet face (photos courtesy of her mama)





And look at our little angel Murray ~ this was his first snow!
His precious expression says it all.




Happy Wednesday my dear friends ~
hugs and love,
Dawn




12 comments:

Anonymous said...

The looks on the faces of those two precious beautiful children are priceless!!!! I live in upstate New York State--born and raised here. We are right in the middle of the Snowbelt where Lake Effect snow is most frequently measured in feet, not inches. Believe me, I am NOT laughing at you, but I admit that reading your post did have me laughing. For a few years we lived in Annapolis, Maryland, so I know what you mean by your weather being an Event, or at least I can imagine. We once got a snowfall of 8-9 inches in MD and were snowed in for about a week. All the neighbors on our street had to shovel the snow in front of their houses before any of us could get off our street. I could go on with my snow stories, and believe me, I have some humdingers, but it's 3:25 AM and I hear my bed calling me. Stay warm!

Dorthe said...

Dearest Dawn, your Noah, took some very beautiful photoes of your garden, and the snow,-it looks so pretty, but yes it is dangerous stuff,when not used to maneuvre in it on the streets ,- I hope for you, ---even the sweet kids so love it-- --that it will soon be gone again, and that you will all stay safe!!!
Love and hugs,Dorthe

Lululiz said...

The photograph of Murray is absolutely adorable. What a sweet little guy. I hope the snow stays around for a little bit to give the kids a chance to play in it.

Theresa said...

It is beautiful when it comes and we are always happy when it leaves:) I can't imagine living in an area that has constant snow in the Winter. Bad thing for our area is that we just don't have the equipment to handle the roads. Couple that with everyone leaving downtown at the same time, it was a nightmare! Enjoy your day dear friend, make something pretty:) HUGS!

Maureen said...

There is just something magical about snow... which is why I love living in Canada.

We have the white stuff from October to March, never leaving - this year we have drifts near the top of our six foot fence. Sorry, but watching CNN this morning had us baffled; how such chaos can be caused with what we would consider a "dusting".

Keep safe Dawn!

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Snow - isn't it fun?

Not sure you caught my little video of our incredible snow storm that lasted almost 3 days - but here it is on Sunday, hope you come see.

http://www.finchrest.com/2014/01/snowstorm-ya-gotta-see-this.html

Vee said...

Oh that we all loved the snow as children do! (Glad that it will skedaddle on out, too! )

Linda said...

Hi Dawn,

I saw you all had snow. Your photos are so pretty and your darling Grand Angels seem to love it. I too grew up in upstate NY where we got a lot of snow. Colorado, does have it's fair share. We had 4" yesterday and more for the weekend. My daughter in Texas had freezing rain yesterday- not fun! Enjoy the once in a blue moon beauty of it and hope it goes away soon!
Linda

The Star Gal said...

Dawn, those babies would look good just sittin on a stump. :-)

Gloria in Virginia

marda said...

Nothing like little children and their response to the magic of snow. Wonderful pictures. At least where you are that snow won't be around for weeks/months like in the north!!!! Be careful till it's gone.

Charlene said...

Brrrr but, pretty! Enjoy & wish it gone quickly! Us southern girls aren't keen on COLD! HUGS!

Anonymous said...

Precious children, Dawn! I love the snow. I don't think I saw any of it when living in Georgia. The pictures are lovely.


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...