Monday, March 11, 2013

My simple little life....



And truly by now, you know it is indeed simple!
But really, that is how I love it.
Simple is good and always, always....simple is beautiful...
And you must know I'll share that simplicity here!!!

This past weekend we celebrated my precious husband's dad's
or my father-in-law's 78th birthday!!!!

What a celebration, right?!
He worked for Delta Airlines for TONS of years...
he worked the hard night shifts and ended up
the station manager in Atlanta ~
He's always had the most amazing work ethic and my husband,
his brother Wayne, and sister Susan are exactly the same way!
They would go to work if their head
was only hanging on by a thread ~
(if you know what I mean)
in-other-words, they were totally dedicated
and always felt their obligation and
duty to their jobs.

We had such a great party and of course the grandbabies were there so...
I had to take a few photos to share with you ~


Here are a few pics I took of the grandbabies this weekend
because, well,
that's just what a mimi does!
It was still daylight and the lighting was perfect ~







I so desired to show you some new creation that I'd come up with but...
no.


It was a precious family weekend with my babies...
and I just feel so very blessed.


'Tis a new week ahead and I hope and pray
that it is so wonderful for you!!!


Happy Monday precious friends,
hugs and love,
Dawn



19 comments:

Sherrie said...

What a wonderful weekend for you. I love the photos. What an expressive little guy. So cute!

Laura said...

Happy Monday - what beautiful grandchildren you have :) There's nothing more precious than time with friends and family - bet you're feeling fired up for the week ahead
Much love
Laura x

Sue @ Miss Phoebes Perch said...

Simple is great! Your grandchildren are beautiful. Crafting can always come second to family! Have a great day, Dawn.

Vee said...

So glad that your family enjoyed a wonderful birthday celebration. Work ethic is a rare commodity...I enjoyed reading about that, though I wish that sick folks would stay home to rest. Murray's expression is priceless...adorable! Clara is such a happy little girl. Her smile always makes me grin, too.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

It sounds like you enjoyed a wonderful family filled weekend, Dawn! I love the look on little Murray's face in those two pictures!

Junkchiccottage said...

Hi Dawn,
What a wonderful week end for you. My grandchild calls me MiMi too. That little guy is just adorable with his looks into the camera. You are truly blessed.
Kris

Cheryl ~ ZanyMayd said...

Hello Dear Friend ~ Family time is the Most important time, but still can't wait to see what you're working on.... make sure you stop by, after so much work, I finally got the Glitter in My Pocket Etsy Shop Open!
have a wonderful week,
xox
Cheryl

Dorthe said...

Thankyou, my dearest Dawn, for your lovely wisches for us, I truly wish and hope the same for you, sweet friend.
And I know exatly what you mean with the work ethic, your Father in law,husbond and his sisters, have--my own husbond is the same, the dayes he have been away from his work, can be counted on one hand I believe!
And yes I already told you today, but have to say it again, -those two are so beautiful kids and such sweeties- I`m happy you all had a wonderful day.
Love and hugs,Dorthe

marda said...

Sounds like it was a perfect family weekend. The grandkids are just to sweet, oh my that little Murray. What perfect pictures you got of him. Simple, it's a good thing.

At Home in English Valley said...

Dear Dawn, Precious family time, is there anything better? Your baby grands are so beautiful. What a blessing for your hubby to still have his Dad. So glad you had a great weekend! Love, Penny

Diane said...

Oh My Gosh....those little ones are just too cute! Those eyes on the baby are just so big and bright and Clara looks to be having the time of her life! xoxo Diane

Sandi said...

So precious Dawn! My husband has the very same worth ethic. Happy birthday to your father- in- law!
Blessings-

Sandi said...

So precious Dawn! My husband has the very same worth ethic. Happy birthday to your father- in- law!
Blessings-

Simply Shelley said...

Blessed indeed....precious babies! Hugs friend

Anonymous said...

The grands are just so precious! Happy week to you, Patty/BC

marie said...

Weekends with the ones we love are the very best. Clara is so sweet and Murray...oh my, what a beautiful boy!

Rustique Gal said...

Dawn, Your family is so beautiful! Your handsome boys an those sweeeet grandkids-Clara is growing up so fast, and her little brother is JUST ADORABLE! He is a little cupie doll, I think.
I never had kids, so I dote on my niece who will be 18 this year. I just took her shopping for the sr. prom. She is gorgeous in her purple gown!
We continue to count out blessings...
Hugs,
Sherry

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Oh Dawn.... How cute are your babies... just adorable, I think! My 'lil grandson, who now towers over me, had eyes exactly that blue until he was about nine or ten... and they turned GREEN! Go figure. :-)

Thank you so much for all the sharing you do. I always find graphics here that I LOVE... You're so darn sweet.

Huggies and Lovies,
Spencer

Anonymous said...

Beautiful grand babies ! Love his big blues!


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...