Friday, October 19, 2012

Discovering old treasures ~


The wonderful thing about making new artwork
is digging around
in my studio for stuff to create with!

I love going through jars, boxes or whatever ~
dumping them out and discovering wonderful old things
that I'd totally forgotten about!!!

I dumped my millinery jar out, which had other goodies inside too,
and dug through to see if there was anything I could use
in my recent artwork.

It's just so neat to find a treasure trove
right under your nose!!!
I guess that's the beauty of being a hoarding artist :)






Look at this wonderful old piece of embroidery stamped fabric!
Good ol' Woolworth's...only 25 cents!





I did finish another little Christmas candy cup ornament!
These are so fun to make...
I don't know why, but I just love small things ~
AND I love digging through my vintage lace to make them.
This one features a snippet of cream millinery flowers too!








You can find my new little ornament
in my Etsy shop too!!!



As I was going through a few things,
I found an old pad of paper I found way back when.
In the middle of the pad I found this:
(click to enlarge)



I love, LOVE finding little treasures like this ~
a collection of quotes that someone loved....






I wish you a very HAPPY Friday precious friends!

hugs and love,
Dawn


15 comments:

Vee said...

A lovely collection of quotes, too. I like them. Dawn, I hope that you make a dozen of these to hang on your own tree. I truly do! My mother crocheted the most exquisite snowflakes for others every year and never had any for her own tree.

Lorrie said...

What exquisite materials you work with to create your ornaments. Just lovely. And quotations - I have them all over. I really need to collect them and organize them someday.

June said...

I love your sweet candy cup Dawn! I am like that too, when I get out into the studio I spend as much time going through all my pretties as I do make things with it : )
sending love...

Dorthe said...

Hello dearest Dawn-
your new little peat pots, are the most beautiful christmas tree decorations, -such a very lovely idea, and I love when you mix everyday pieces with old laces and flowers.
Love the qoutes too, thankyou sweet friend.
Love and hugs,Dorthe

morkaren said...

Som altid viser du skønne ting der inspirerer så dejligt. knus morkaren.

Erika said...

Hello dear Dawn! I know this feeling, when I'm finding "lost" treasures. It makes me always happy too. So nice from you to remember me. Your candycups are so lovely, never see this before. What a sweet idea. Enjoy your day and have a good time. Hugs and love Erika

Theresa said...

Lost and then found! Happy day:) HUGS!

❁Velma ~Down Our Country Road❁ said...

Sweet! I may have to try to find some little peat pots to make my own Christmas decorations. Handmade ornaments are the best :)

Mya.L said...

So many vintage millinery trimmings, lucky you!

Myst said...

Thank you SO much for this posts. I visit your Blog nearly every day, for the sheer beauty of it, and today it lifted my spirits so... And I really needed it. Thank You. xoxo

Shopgirl said...

As always I find what you are doing so beautiful. These peat pots have never been so beauitul, what a great idea. I went back and looked at them all. WOW!
Tod is wall texturing day in the Loft. Arney and I will be busy the next couple of days. I am excited to be at this stage of the remodel. It means we are getting closer to getting done. Boy, we are so ready to have our new bed up and in the room. Have a great Fall weekend, hugs, mary

Lana said...

Dawn I have been lurking here for a while now and I love all your art projects!! You can tell each is made with love! Your blog is so inspiring and uplifting a balm to my soul for sure!!! I had a suggestion for you and your adorable peat pots would it work to turn one upside down and make it a bell of sorts? Keep on inspiring and lifting up our spirits!!!!
God bless
Hugs

Pat C. said...

What lovely old millinery flowers and leaves... and photographed so beautifully, too.

I know how you must have felt when you found those quotations tucked inside the old pad--almost as if you had some sort of "connection" to the person who saved them.

Oh, and the peat pot, with its newly discovered millinery flowers, is exquisite!!! Your attention to detail is second-to-none, Dawn. I don't think anybody would have noticed if you hadn't set the grommets into the sides to make the seam binding hanger more secure... but YOU would have, and that's one of the things I love about you.♥

xoxo

ByLightOfMoon said...

These are fabulous quotes, What a fun find!

Your peat pots are so cute, I also have some to decorate with. Maybe I should get more before the stores sell out for the season!

Smiles, cyndi

Becky P. said...

Loved looking at all of your new found treasures, Dawn! The peat pots are so precious...I still say they are way to cute to only use at Christmas:) Of course, I am one of those people that could have Christmas out year round and love it! Thank you for sharing, and bringing a smile to my day, friend.


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...