Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The love of a friend ~


I've made so many precious friends here.
Friends who "get" me.
You love what I love.
That's why you visit me ~
You don't hate on me for hoarding...
as a matter of fact ~
you love hoarding gorgeous supplies too!

The images below are of course for you to use however you want:



One precious friend I've made over these last four years
is Lisa of Tarnished and Tattered ~
She emailed me way-back-when telling me about her creative spirit.
She also told me about her precious triplets and
sweet husband but also the fact
that she still wanted to carve out just a little time
for herself and her creativity....

I think we all need this time ~
women are such creative beings...
don't we all just love to make something beautiful??!



Well, as you know, sweet Lisa has blossomed into
an absolutely AMAZING published artist!!!
I think that just being here, blogging and realizing
that it's OK to set aside that time for yourself ~
to nurture the creativity that's in all of us...
Blogging truly provides the outlet to
create and share with so many like-minded friends!


Well, I received the most wonderful gift today in the mail ~
a sweet parcel from Lisa all the way from Texas...
a bit of a belated b'day gift (the woman has TRIPLETS!)
and when you're getting good stuff
you don't EVEN care when it arrives!!!!!!

I know how you love beautiful things
so I just have to share it all with you!

She even decorated the box.....


And when I opened it...
this is the first thing I saw ~



The most gorgeous nest ever!!!
I already have it displayed under a sweet wire cloche
she gave me back in November ~



Wrapped parcels lay inside with tiny notes on each one ~



The most precious old photograph ~
I'll share it as soon as I get the old scanner up and going again...


Tiny notes...leading me to more :)


Beautiful elements that she encased in wax....
timeless and absolutely breathtaking to me ~




The coolest journal that she bought two of,
she altered one and sent me one to alter as well!!!
And of course, it will need to be sent to her when I finish mine...... :)




I've been DREAMING of scrim and she remembered!!
Lisa sent me a bundle of it ~
it's a tighter weave than gauze,
great to use in artwork.....


And then...seeing just a glimpse of what this was
through her wrappings,
my eyes filled with tears!!




I've been wanting this book FOREVER!!!!
Lisa bought her copy at Borders
and showed it to me back in November
AND I JUST DROOLED!

You know how I love nature elements in my artwork, right?
Well, this book shares so many ideas inside
about dying fabrics with plants.....
I can't WAIT to try some of the techniques!!!
(I'll be sure take a few photos for a future post
and share with you what it's all about)


So.
All in all.
It was quite a magnificent day.
All because of the love of a friend.....

Thank you so much Lisa, for everything ~
your friendship is the best gift of all!!!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


I want to introduce you to a couple of BRAND NEW bloggers!!
Please stop by to welcome
Deneen of Dreaming in Color
and
ThereseMarie!!!

I just love new bloggers,
we were all new at one time...right? :)




Thank YOU for letting me share my goodies with you ~
Wishing you wonderful Wednesday my dear, dear friends,
hugs and love,
Dawn




23 comments:

Unknown said...

What an amazing and wonderful gift. There is nothing like a real friend to see us through...and inspire us to create. Thanks for sharing,
Cheryl at My Sister's Cottage

BonjourRomance said...

Blogland is amazing isn't it? These vintage photos are great. I will head over to visit Lisa now.
Have a good day,
Mimi

Tina said...

Oh - what a wonderful package Dawn. The nest is awesome and I love those waxed pieces. so wonderful. Lisa is such a sweetheart and so are you. Thanks for sharing and wishing you a wonderful day.
xo Tina

Dorthe said...

Dawn, sweetie,
this is a wonderfull bunch of beautifull gifts- That sweet, dear Lisa spoiled you :)
the nest is gorgeus, - and the book- I have heard so many talking about how great it is.
The waxed items, are so beautifull, too, and the boy collage, --how dear!
Now you can surely play ,my sweet friend-with all your goodies- I can`t wait to see, what will be created with the scrim.
And Dawm-- I appologize for my question yesterday--I saw later it was tulle you so cleverly used on your collage.
Wishing you a wonderfull day, precius friend-
Love and hugs, from-Dorthe

Deb said...

wow what a sweet friend...wonderful treasures

Theresa said...

WOW, what a wonderful gift from your sweet friend! You can tell that she loves you as much as you love her! Dear friends that we have met thru blogland are forever friends! Have a blessed day dear Dawn! HUGS!

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Dawn,
Ohhhh girl that is a beautiful
gift from sweet Lisa ~
She is so very talented and
the things she sent you are so
very much you!
Thank you for sharing your
gift with us :)

xoxo
Lori

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

Thanks for the introduction! Oh and Lisa is a sweetheart!
dreaming-n-color.blogspot.com

Vee said...

Oh how special to have another know you and to share from her heart...enjoy your goodies and that nest...ohhhh, be still my heart.

Rose Garden Romantic said...

What a dear friend Lisa is, to send you such lovely and thoughtful gifts! Don't you love Blogland, where we can find our kindred spirits all over the world?
Michelle

Karen said...

A wonderful gift for a wonderful lady. Everything is gorgeous!

Cheryl ~ ZanyMayd said...

Hey Lady, Sure enjoyed catching up on all I am missing.... I hate being without the internet, I miss Blogging So Much! glad to be at my daughter's today & on her computer visiting Dear Friends, What a Beautiful package you received ~ EnJoy the mild weather, at least we will be hitting 50 on Friday & lots of the 17" of white stuff we had last week will be melted! take care, miss ya
xox
cheryl

Lena said...

Hi Dawn, Thank you for the lovely images. I love the one of the two friends at the top of the page. The personalities of the two women shine upon their faces. They look so different from one another, yet you can tell they are close, and appreciate each other for all that they are, like friends do.

Congratulations on blogging so successfully for these many years!

Becky said...

Lis and her blog are awesome. All your goodies are wonderful.

Lana said...

It's not hoarding, it's "creative collecting".

Vicki said...

OMG! That nest is amazing. The wire cloche is the perfect match for it. They were made for each other. The wax experiments turned out great. What a thrill. I can totally picture you opening it. Such a fun post. Thanks for sharing, Dawn.

Vicki Boster said...

Dawn - that Lisa girl is way creative and her nest is truly beautiful!! She did indeed send you treasures that are uniquely YOU!! I will be waiting to see how you use these in beautiful creations. You girls are a real time - together you could totally take over the creative world!!

Vicki

Anne Lorys said...

What a gorgeous package from my LURD!
She really did hit a home run with the contents, didn't she?

All perfect, all "you"!

Hugs,
Anne

Barbara Jean said...

Lovely post, lovely gifts, to a lovely person.

Cannot wait to go check out the new bloggers.

blessings and thanks, for being you.

barbara jean

FredaB said...

What a wonderful package to receive from such a talented young gal. It is truly amazing the friendships that have been made thru blogging. Who would have ever believed this would happen.
This shows the power of the internet when used for good.

Thank you for posting such great pics for us and I really do enjoy your blog.

Hugs

FredaB

Anonymous said...

OMGosh! I want a friend like that one! Will you ask her if she will "adopt" me too? Her art is so in tune with your art, both are beautiful.
Thanks for sharing, but I am so jealous.
QueenMarcy

Beth Leintz said...

You and Lisa are both such inspirations to me- what more can I say?

Anonymous said...

Loving this post! What wonderful goodies!
I was just sharing with someone this week that I find my non-blogging friends (aka in person friends) do not share the same interests with me. Yes, they are still good friends, but there is something that coming online with all of you does to fill a special place in my heart every day. It's amazing the folks you can "meet", share with, support each other and share ideas with. I think for many of us it fills a space we weren't able to fill with other people we know. thanks for that!


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...