Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Forever friends ~


A wonderful friend of mine, Becky and her sweet daughter Laura stopped by for a visit Monday. Becky and I've been friends since I was about thirteen years old!! There have been times in our lives that we've not talked much, not because we were angry at each another but because our lives were just so busy with our families and we lived far from one another as well.

But we're the kind of friends that as soon as we start talking to one another, we pick up right where we left off. Don't you love friendships that are like that? No worry of someone getting miffed if the other didn't call....just knowing that they are there and that you are there....
it's what true friendship is I believe ~

Becky's daughter, Laura, is a Stampin' Up consultant and knows that I love the catalogs and the supplies they sell, so she brought a few goodies for me and one was a new catalog!! I took a few photos of some of my favorite things inside to share with you ~

Don't you love this chubby bird and beautiful quote?


Love anything to do with clocks ~


What is it about twill tape? It looks wonderful when used with the vintage items I love ~
and you can stamp on it too!



Beautiful script backgrounds ~



What about this neat "sanded" look stamp?





I promise I don't work for Stampin' Up but I do love to share things with you that I find!!
Now...I need to place an order, don't I? :)


Wishing you a wonderful Tuesday sweet friends ~
xxoo, Dawn


8 comments:

Melissa/Piney Rose said...

Gotta find a local Stampin Up consultant! I love it, especially the 'sanded look' stamp.

Mademoiselle Julie said...

This is too funny! I ogled the new catalogue & ORDERED this stamp set! :-) Cheers, Julie

The Rustic Victorian said...

Hi Miz Dawn,,
I have a friend who sells Stampin Up, and have some stamps,,,its hard not to go crazy ordering as they do have such a tempting catalogue. I don't dare look at the new one. It's nice to have a friend for that long.
Love
Marcie

blushing rose said...

DHs sil stamps .. she does some beautiful work. Love the birdie. TTFN ~Marydon

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Hello sweet Dawn! Oh these stamps are beautiful, and they are so YOU! I love the script one! I may have to place an order too. Thanks for sharing with us. :)

Debbie

Creations from my heart said...

Oh it was so nice to hear from you today. We ar
we on a much needed vacation and I just spent the last hour catching up on the the blog posts I have missed since I was sink for the last month. I love your finished room. It is just beautiful, everthing I have dreamed of. My oldest got a scholorship for college so for at least this year he will be living at home and driving to college. so there goes my craft room!
I always enjoy seeing what you have posted? Wanted to let you know that stampinton contacted me and they are going to publish two of my submissions. One in Haute handbags, and one in a Sisterhood publication. I can't thank you enough for encouraging me to take a chance!
Blessing my friend...Sherry

Barbara Jean said...

Good morning Dawn,
Just taking a quick moment to check in with special friends.

I have a couple of friends like you are talking about.
no mater how long since we've seen each other, or talked, we start right up where we left off. It is a true blessing to have such friends.

Love the little bird and quote.

blessings on your day.

Off and running to clean at the store. 100 degrees outside, I'm staying in where the air conditioning is!

Barbara jean

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

Hello Dawn! I am soooooo excited to tell you that Nancy Lindmeyer has begun her own blog http://nancylindemeyer.blogspot.com/
I know you love Victoria magazine and this will be a nice way to connect to the genteel ways of the past...at least I hope it will be.
Hugs Karla


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...