Sunday, March 22, 2009

A beautiful day ~

Thank you all so very much for your wonderful anniversary wishes!!!! We had a great day together....Saturday we went antiquing and enjoyed the beautiful weather. The best stop of the day was The Plum Tree of course! I have to show you what we ended up getting for each other ~ this gorgeous old cabinet ~ Cindy had it displayed so beautiful I can only hope that I can make it look half this good!!



Here it is sitting on our dining room table ~ We have to decide where we want to put it....





Plus, Dennis bought me this wonderful old sewing case. It looks to be handmade to me too. It was originally 30.00 and it was marked half off!!! So fifteen dollars wasn't too bad at all ~ I plan on replacing the gold fabric with a pretty barkcloth ~





Another cool thing, Cindy gave me these two baker's racks for my studio because a dealer didn't want them!!!! More storage for the stuff!! Now it's time to start loading up all of these shelves!!






Emily's still waiting poor thing....but I'll let everyone know as soon as we see some action. Noah was able to move into my old art room and is as happy as ever!!! I took a few more photos of The Plum Tree and will add them a little later on today.


I hope you have a wonderful Sunday sweet friends ~

xxoo, Dawn

13 comments:

Missy said...

What a wonderful shelf! I'm sure you will serve it well!!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a great day! Your room is coming together nicely!

sepiadreams said...

Love what you are doing...Just got through reading your article in Artful Blogging. Congrats on that! Cant wait for Somerset Life to come out! Hugzz...Tiina...

Dorthe said...

Dawn dear, what a beautifull gift, very special, and the sewing case too.
And then the two racks, how lucky you are,I like them alot.
I`m sure your room will look sooo beautifull when you finish it.
Wish you a beautifull sunday sweetie.

XOXO Dorthe

Vintage Papers said...

Looks like you had a wonderful anniversary - love the book case. I am enjoying seeing your beautiful space transform! thanks for sharing the process!

Lori said...

when is that baby coming Dawn...i bet you are all getting so anxious to see her!!!

Betzie said...

What wonderful finds!!! Such a natural high when you come home with all your new treasures! Enjoy and have fun with them!! :))

Anonymous said...

I've said this before, Dawn, I'd love to go antiquing with you because you always find the best stuff!

Diane

Vee said...

You have some very nice storage pieces there for a song! I love the gift that you gave each other and hope to see it in its true home once you decide. I'll be back to look later for more pics...

Anonymous said...

You really had quite a day! Congratulations on your anniversary! Having more shelving should really help with being able to see what you have - I am really excited for you to have such a great space.
--Vicki K.

The Painted Nest said...

Oh Dawn~~~ I love the cabinet, what a lovely gift!!! I'm so glad you got to spend the day doing fun stuff(shopping) with sweet husband!!! What a beautiful sewing cabinet also~~~and the shelf~~Girl you racked up!!!!! Still waiting for sweet little Clara!!! Blessings, Deborah

debi said...

I love your new shelf, very pretty!! How nice for your friend to give you the baker's rack...those will come in handy!

Barbara Jean said...

Great finds Dawn.

Blessings s you all wait. =0)

Barbara Jean


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...