Saturday, August 16, 2008

Another image and a few more ideas ~

I just love little chubby birds all in a row!!! Cindy had this amazing book at The Plum Tree today and I just had to have it. She saved it to show me and knew I would love it. The illustrations are adorable and the best part?? My son bought it for me...you gotta love that!


From the archives of my clippings notebooks: Statuary, always enchanting but more so when adorned with fresh flowers or greens . . .

A simple, gorgeous window treatment. It could be created with a lace tablecloth even! I've always loved this look. Again, clipped from an old magazine.


These little images that I'm sharing are not from any current magazine but old ones that have long been tossed away. I clipped my very favorite ideas and saved them in sheet protectors placed in three ring binders. I love that these ideas are timeless ~ ten years from now, they will still be beautiful.


Wishing you a lovely, restful Saturday!
xxoo,Dawn

10 comments:

marie said...

Hi Dawn,
I've clipped & saved articles and pages from magazines for years. But I've always put them in file folders.
I really like the idea of sheet protectors and binders for my favorite ones.
Oh ~ now begins the process of sorting them out!

Thanks so much for the bird images. They are so sweet!

Anonymous said...

Dawn, I have magazine photo scrapbooks too. I must have at least 15 that I've cut and pasted over the years and love going through them for inspiration.

The old lace in the window picture is so feminine. I have a lace tablecloth draped over a deacon's bench in our dining room. I have one more that I just can't find THE place for in a house with a cat who will definitely believe it was just meant as a nesting place for HER! ;-) And no uncovered windows. I'm stuck on this one!

A little note: We replaced our solid core bedroom door with a screened one and I hung a lace curtain tied back on the inside of it. Just an idea I wanted to share.

Diane

Country French Antiques said...

Love the statue and how sweet, your son thinking of you! That's better than the birds!
Have a beautiful weekend!

Anonymous said...

How lovely! I am going to look for that book at Amazon. I agree how nice your son thinking of you. I have three little boys and they sometimes surprise me with sweet touches of love.Hugs,
Rose.

Charmingdesigns said...

Thank you Dawn, you always show us the most wonderful photos. I think I need to get myself a good scanner..may I ask what kind you ended up getting? Laurie

A Wild Thing said...

Isn't it funny how so many of these looks are timeless and looking back through my archives ripped from past issues, always sets me to moving furniture around the house. For some reason though, I just can't part with any of my Victoras'...just too many visuals in there.

Great weekend girl!!!

sharon

Jann said...

You're so organized! Thanks for all the wonderful ideas you share with your readers! Check my blog when you get a chance--I have an award for you, sweet Dawn--have a great weekend! Smiles, Jann

Margaret said...

The statue photo is so lovely! I am forever cutting things out of magazines, but I've never been organized enough to actually DO anything with them (even scan them!). I'm impressed!

Tina Leavy said...

what absolutely lovely images..all of them. love the birds..love the garden statue..and the lace.
all so very pretty.

Lena said...

My son recently surprised me with a lovely pair of earrings. It is such a nice feeling to have raised a son that would do such a sweet thing, so I imagine your heart was very full that day. 'Course I imagine that your heart is full everyday, Dawn!
I love that pretty window treatment.

As always, thank you for sharing all that you do.

Best Wishes!


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...