Thursday, May 29, 2008

These are so good the recipe's worth sharing again ~


I believe that I've shared this one with you way back in the beginning of my blogging but I love it so much I want to give it to you again. This recipe is perfect when you are having company, graduation parties or receptions ~ (the picture is from a recipe so very similar, they've added mini marshmallows though)


Frozen Fruit Cups

1 - 8 oz. pkg. softened cream cheese

1/2 cup sugar

1 - 10 oz. jar cherries, drained

1 - 11 oz. can mandarin oranges, drained

1 - 8 oz. can crushed pineapple, drained

1/2 cup pecan pieces

1 - 8 oz. container of frozen cool whip


Combine cream cheese, sugar and mix in fruit until fluffy. Set aside 9 cherries and cut in half. Set aside 18 orange slices. Add pineapple, pecans and the rest of the cherries, chopped. Mix together with cream cheese mixture. Fold in whipped topping and oranges. Spoon into silver foil cupcake lines. Garnish with cherries and oranges. Place on a large tray and freeze. Makes 18 cups.

14 comments:

Charmingdesigns said...

Now this I have to do!! Sounds soooo good. Congrats on 500 posts!! Keep them coming, I enjoy waking up and checking your site every morning! Laurie

Vee said...

They look divine! I'm snagging it!

Bebe said...

Hi Dawn!

Your frozen fruit cups look divine! I'm going to have to try that recipe over the summer!! :) Thanks for coming to visit with me yesterday ~ I knew you would love to see the little baby birds!
Lots of Hugs,
Bebe :)

P.S. I liked seeing your virtual tour of Savannah ~ I haven't been up there in a while, so it was fun!

Ginger said...

I read your recipe for the frozen fruit cups i going to try them thank you for sharing it with us. Just wanted you to know you have a lovely blog.

Miss Rhea said...

That looks yummy !! I will have to try that. You do such lovely work. I have been oohing and awing over your blog for about a half hour. :)

Lorrie said...

These sound yummy - perfect for having in the freezer on a hot summer's day (here's hoping summer is hot where I live)

Lorrie

Fete et Fleur said...

These look yummy Dawn! I'll try them soon.

xx Nancy

Renna said...

I am so happy to get that recipe! They used to serve it at a sandwich shop where my daughter and I would sometimes go to lunch when she was still living at home. She's coming for a visit near the end of summer. I'll plan to prepare it while she's here!

Anonymous said...

Dawn!!!!!!!!
I think I may write a book someday.
I love your blog's music!!!!
Sarah!!! :)

Jann said...

I'll have to try these! I've been away on a trip for a few days and just am checking in with my favorite blogs--I just LOVE the photos of your trip to Savannah--my mom's mom was from there, and some of my relatives are buried in Savannah. I would love to visit--I've never been, but I sure have enjoyed all of your wonderful photos. Thank you so much for posting them! ~Jann

~Red Tin Heart~ said...

Dawn, I am going to make these this wekend! They look divine.
xoxo Nita

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Mmmmmmm...Yum-OOOO!
Thank you!
Colleen

Trish said...

Hey...nice recipe. I think I can even manage this one. Thx.

Tina Leavy said...

yum, and sounds like the perfect summer time treat.


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...