Monday, October 8, 2007

Are you a farmgirl?

I had a WONDERFUL Monday! My sweet friend Karin at Meandering Travels and Mindless Thoughts won a pincushion contest that she entered on the MaryJanes Farm website. Well, the prize was for MaryJane and her daughter, son-in-law, their baby and also Katie to come to Karin's home for a fun day of crafting with about 20 of her friends. Today was that day and I was invited!!

We had an amazing lunch that Karin prepared and then we got busy learning to crochet a rag rug (first we ripped fabric into strips) and then Katie taught us all how to needle tat! I can't believe it, but I did it! I'll have to show you photos of what I was able to get finished.

MaryJane and her family were so very sweet as was Katie who really took a lot of time to show us how to tat. It really was such a fun day and I was so honored to be invited. Thank you so much Karin, I had a blast!!


How wonderful is this invitation I received from Karin a couple weeks ago. I had to bring three things in the paper bag to describe me or what I love.

One of the items in my paper bag. A little "thoughts" book for Karin that I covered. Because I LOVE alter and make things.


Such delicious food was served! Those are vidalia onion pies you see below!! Yummmmm...





Karin even had some great door prizes that she gave away. Book, magazines, aprons, totes filled with supplies, and even homemade laundry detergent that she made herself with one of MaryJanes recipes. She really thought of everything to make this day special.








Above: MaryJane and Karin drawing names
Below: MaryJane showing us how to start our rag rugs.






I remembered at the last minute before leaving the house to grab my MaryJane Butters books and she signed them for me ~ how cool is that?


It really was so much fun . . . Thank you, Karin!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yum! Are those quiches? Mouth is watering. :) Looks like you all had lots of old-fashioned fun. :)

Amy @ The Cottage Gate said...

Love your blog! Found it through one of my MMP sister blogs. I make pincushions so I need to check out the farm girl site. Sounds like you all had so much fun.
Stop my blog and introduce yourself if you get a chance.

Amy

Anonymous said...

Wow, how exciting! Years ago I learned how to make the same kind of rug. Mine never really was as flat in the center as I wanted :( You've had a couple of really fun weeks.
Best,
Kathy

Anonymous said...

wow what fun!!!
jessi nagy

Denise S. said...

Dawn I had no idea you would get to meet one of my very favorite people,MaryJane Butters.

You are so lucky to have had such a fun day and thanks for sharing it with us.

La Tea Dah said...

What a perfectly awesome day! I am 'wordless' --- not really, they are just coming tumbling out all at once! How special to be able to meet MaryJane Butters! I love her magazine and books --- and have tried many of the products that she sells. She lives not far from where I went to university --- beautiful countryside. Thanks for sharing this with us, Dawn!

LaTeaDah

Linda said...

What a happy day you had...I've always wanted to make a rag rug,they look like fun, and all the food looks delish. Thanks for sharing...all the pics were great:). Linda

Lena said...

Oh lucky you! I own both of the Mary Janes Farm books and several magazines and I love them.
That looks like a great day.
Best wishes to you.

Lee Weber said...

wow- I'm still waiting for something like this to happen to me!

Anonymous said...

Oh DAwn! How fabulous for you!! I bought her apron pattern a while back along with her wonderful magazine! (I don't even sew! Luckily my Mom and 1 daughter do!)
I am so excited for you! Is this YOUR year, or what?!
Tracey

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

It looks and sounds like you have a wonderful time! How exciting!
Penny

Tina Leavy said...

so glad that you all had a wonderful time.

~Red Tin Heart~ said...

Dawn, I am green with envy!!! I love Mary Jane Butters! You lucky duck. That is so very, very cool. I am so happy you got to do this. love nita

Deb said...

Sounds like an amazing day! thank you for sharing all your pictures.

TiffanyJane said...

Looks like great fun!!!....and YUM, the food looks de~lish! :)

Cape Cod Washashore said...

Holy moly! How fun that must have been!!!!!!!

Jen Kershner said...

That is probably the coolest thing I've ever heard of. I can't imagine how much fun that must have been. Yay for you!


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...