Thursday, June 14, 2007

What's~for~Dinner Tag!


I've been tagged by the sweetie Lori of Faerie Window to offer up a recipe that your family will love . . . Well, it being summertime and we all are trying to eat heathier nowadays, my recipe will be Jalapeno Chicken. How do you make that ~ be over the "n"?


This recipe is in one of the Weight Watchers 5 Ingredient 15 Minute Cookbooks ~ Summer 2005. These cookbooks are FABULOUS! They have one for sale right now and believe me, you will enjoy these recipes. They're good for you and so very easy to put together. Here it is:

Jalapeno Chicken

  • 4 teaspoons 40% less sodium taco seasoning

  • 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

  • Cooking spray

  • 1/2 cup (2-ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeno peppers (you can substitute sharp cheddar if you don't want the heat)

  • 2 tablespoons sliced jalapeno peppers (I say these are optional because there are peppers in the cheese)

1. Sprinkle taco seasoning over both sides of chicken.

2. Place a large non-stick skillet over medium heat until hot. Coat chicken with cooking spray, and add to pan. Cook approx. 7 minutes on each side or until chicken is done.

3. Remove pan from heat; sprinkle chicken with cheese. Cover and let stand approx. 3 minutes or until cheese melts. Top each breast with jalapeno slices.

Yield: 4 servings, 1 chicken breast half per serving. (6 points on Weight Watchers)

OK, now I tag Wendy of Whendi's Bears, Becky of On a Wing and a Prayer, and Deena of Nestled in the Singing Woods . . . what's for dinner, girls?

4 comments:

wisteriagirl said...

You made me sooo hungry! I'm going to have to try this recipe.

Lori said...

that sounds yummy Dawn, thanks for playing!!! can't wait to get my sweet shoe...

Jamie said...

YummyDawn! I need to get that cookbook. I can handle five ingredients! LOL Have a great weekend sweetie! Love,Jamie

SweetAnnee said...

Thanks for the TAG
& your great recipe!!
I've done my
What's for Dinner Tag
too!!
smiles, Deena


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...